Zum Inhalt springen
Melde dich an, um diesem Inhalt zu folgen  
chromatisity

Vanguard voo

Empfohlene Beiträge

Ramstein
vor 35 Minuten von chromatisity:

If i start investing now and i leave Germany later, i still have to pay taxes in Germany.

Wrong.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
JFI

If you are no longer taxable in Germany, you'll need to provide your bank / broker with a document that might look like this (DKB AG, in that case):

erklaer_abst_kest.pdf

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
chromatisity
10 minutes ago, JFI said:

If you are no longer taxable in Germany, you'll need to provide your bank / broker with a document that might look like this (DKB AG, in that case):

erklaer_abst_kest.pdf  1   89.57 kB

I read in both, flatex and degiro that the tax levied on dividends and selling of securities is according to the issuer of the security. Hence, if I buy an ETF from a German issuer, iShare NASDAQ, for example, I will be taxed by Germany even if I am not a resident of Germany.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
Ramstein

Bull.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
chromatisity
5 minutes ago, Ramstein said:

Bull.

Inwieweit betrifft mich als Steuerausländer die Abgeltungsteuer?

Mit Einführung der Abgeltungsteuer zum 01.01.2009 in Deutschland gelten für Steuerausländer, die folgenden grundsätzlichen Regelungen:

Trotz grundsätzlich beschränkter Steuerpflicht als Steuerausländer erfolgt kein Steuerabzug im Rahmen der Abgeltungsteuer in den Fällen des § 43 Abs. 1 Satz 1 Nr. 6-12 EStG n.F. Dazu zählen z.B. Wertpapierverkäufe.

Hiervon ausgeschlossen ist der Kapitalertragsteuerabzug, der beim Emittenten vorgenommen wurde (Quellensteuer), wie bei deutschen Dividenden obligatorisch. Eine Erstattung dieser einbehaltenen Steuerbeträge ist nicht möglich.

This is written on the flatex website.
Maybe i misunderstood?

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
HummelPummel
vor 2 Stunden von chromatisity:

I have a specific tax question.
If i start investing now and i leave Germany later, i still have to pay taxes in Germany.
Even though i am not investing into German companies, just because the ETF provider is German.
I don't think that is very fair.
Can i invest with a broker abroad to prevent this?

I am not an tax expert for international issues and will not give any advice how to avoid tax payments. But I think it is very fair, that assets in Germany get taxed by German law.

Have a read about Doppelbesteuerungsabkommen and Quellensteuer/Abgeltungssteuer regarding your home-country and you will get your answer.

Spoiler: German Abgeltungssteuer is neither the lowest nor the highest in the EU - so depending on your home-country and the Doppelbesteuerungsabkommen you will not save a lot (if at all).

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
chromatisity
4 hours ago, HummelPummel said:

I am not an tax expert for international issues and will not give any advice how to avoid tax payments. But I think it is very fair, that assets in Germany get taxed by German law.

Have a read about Doppelbesteuerungsabkommen and Quellensteuer/Abgeltungssteuer regarding your home-country and you will get your answer.

Spoiler: German Abgeltungssteuer is neither the lowest nor the highest in the EU - so depending on your home-country and the Doppelbesteuerungsabkommen you will not save a lot (if at all).

Here is a brain teaser.

I already paid taxes on my salary.

I could take this money out of Germany, without any additional charges.

I could buy physical things and move them out of Germany.

But if I buy stocks of American companies with that money, while I am in Germany, those assets will be taxed as long as they exist.

How fair is that?

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
Ramstein
vor 3 Stunden von chromatisity:

But if I buy stocks of American companies with that money, while I am in Germany, those assets will be taxed as long as they exist.

How fair is that?

Wrong question. The correct question is "How true is that". And the answer is "Not at all."

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
swg2531
Am 3.7.2019 um 06:24 von Ramstein:

Wrong question. The correct question is "How true is that". And the answer is "Not at all."

i am just ghost reading here, but maybe you could elaborate that a little bit more. right now your post, isn´t that helpful. and i thought a forum is there for knowledge sharing etc.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
Ramstein
vor 2 Stunden von swg2531:

i am just ghost reading here, but maybe you could elaborate that a little bit more. 

I could, but I won‘t. There are plenty of texts on German tax law on the Internet.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
swg2531
vor 21 Stunden von Ramstein:

I could, but I won‘t. There are plenty of texts on German tax law on the Internet.

probably in german :)

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
chromatisity
· bearbeitet von chromatisity
On 7/5/2019 at 1:02 PM, swg2531 said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=b0b381c03f9e5064does this mean that I can somehow end up in debt to degiro? I don't want to borrow money from anyone. How can I avoid this?

Screenshot_20190716-010335__01.jpg

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
chromatisity
On 7/5/2019 at 1:02 PM, swg2531 said:

If I buy this US stock from the German stock market, do I have to pay US taxes?

Screenshot_20190716-011219.jpg

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
chirlu
vor 10 Minuten von chromatisity:

If I buy this US stock from the German stock market, do I have to pay US taxes?

Withholding tax on any dividends it may pay, yes.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
chromatisity
11 hours ago, chirlu said:

Withholding tax on any dividends it may pay, yes.

What about selling the shares?

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
alsuna
vor 1 Stunde von chromatisity:

What about selling the shares?

Are you telling us, you cannot find information about the US taxes on shares on the Internet? Come on.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
chromatisity
1 minute ago, alsuna said:

Are you telling us, you cannot find information about the US taxes on shares on the Internet? Come on.

It's not that. I was wondering if where the stock was bought influences it's domecile and therefore taxes.
I also bought EXXT.DE ETF which is domeciled in Germany but owns US companies.
It's not clear to me whether i would have to pay US tax on this as well.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
chirlu
vor 11 Minuten von chromatisity:

It's not clear to me whether i would have to pay US tax on this as well.

Not you, but the ETF will pay withholding tax on the dividends it receives from US stocks.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
chromatisity
1 hour ago, chirlu said:

Not you, but the ETF will pay withholding tax on the dividends it receives from US stocks.

Great!
So i only have to pay taxes for dividends/selling shares in Germany.
Awesome.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
chromatisity
On 7/16/2019 at 2:37 PM, chirlu said:

I bought some at&t from the nyse.

Degiro is saying that under the US-Germany treaty, I will pay 15% taxes to the US on my dividends. Will I get taxed more by Germany or?

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
whister

Since you opened a brokerage account outside of Germany (DEGIRO) and you have to pay taxes in Germany atm you will have a lot fun with your next german tax declaration. I advise you to look for a tax accountant.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
hannes1234567
· bearbeitet von hannes1234567

@chromatisity

i also invest in the s & p 500 vanguard etf A1JX53 (ausschütter) this is one of the best etf in this sector better performance than world or em or europe 600 ef's.

it is cheap 0,07 % this is quasi kostenlos oder mit dem ishare thesaurierer A0YEDG auch günstig für 0,07% zu haben.

bei trade republic kann man ishare etfs kostenlos besparen :) ich bin bei der dkb.

this

https://www.trackingdifferences.com/ETF/Index/S&P 500 Index?ReplicationFilter=physical&EarningsFilter=all&YearFromFilter=2000

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag